Friday

TEMPTATION ON THE HALF-SHELL
Art Quilt Collage
Year Completed: 2002
Inspired by Ellen Anne Eddy’s book
I set out to teach myself free motion machine embroidery.
I should have kept track of the hours and hours of stitching
and the spools and spools of thread,
but I was too absorbed in the learning process
and keeping my fingers away from the speeding bare needle !!!
Additional techniques used in this artwork include;
fusing, padded applique's, layered embroidery.
Embellishment with beads and seashells.
The background fabric was discharged and then over dyed.
She is not for sale at this time; she has places to go and things still to do.
Exhibit History:
2004 - Pride of the Prairie Quilt Show
2007 - Solo Exhibit, Downers Grove Library
2008 - 2nd Annual Continuum Members All Media Show

No comments: